If you’re just about to start your own rent roll, you’ll want to know this answer! But it’s different in every case. The things that impact the rent roll value can include;
- The average rent within the rent roll
- What types of properties are under management
- The condition of the rent roll itself (how many properties have fixed leases in place, what rent arrears are outstanding)
- Average management income
- Any other fees that the agency also collects
- Where the properties are located
- Owners who have multiple properties managed within that rent roll
- Plus plenty of other variables!
So, the trick is, if you’re going to sell your rent roll eventually (and let’s face it, you probably are one day!), considering all these variables all the way through the growth of your rent roll is really important.